A Chronicle of events at Silver Sands Leisure Park, Lossiemouth from July 2007
The "shifting sand" of west beach Lossiemouth on the Morayshire coast
The "green way" isn't always good for you
1. -July 2007, Green Parcs Ltd took ownership of the site from Holt Leisure at the
end of July.
2. - Other than an introductory letter from the Park Manager there was nothing. All
attempts to get an update from the staff failed, they had nothing to pass on from
the management, or so they said.
3. – Someone on the site discovered that GPL had applied for the season to be extended
from seven to eleven months.
4. –August 2007, an increase in the site fees was seen by a resident on the Silver
Sands website and the figures were
frightening with some going up by 74%, this was over £1100.00, bearing in mind we
had not been notified of this at this point.
5. -August 2007, a petition complaining about the lack of information and the increase
in fees was set up and signed by many of the residents, but it disappeared. It is
worth noting that the caravan owners were in complete disarray and concerned at lack
of information coming from the company. Many voiced their concerns at the site office
as rumours grew and grew and still nothing was forthcoming from them or the owner
Green Parcs Ltd.
6. -September 2007, a sales team arrives, headed by Mr Phil Sharlott who, had the
title of Sales Director printed on a sales leaflet. His team comprised of three men
who encamped in the sales office. The sales team would not entertain anyone asking
questions about the increases, they passed it off with a ready made statement about
the site being underfunded and we had been paying far too little in the past.